Statement of Faith & Purpose
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible (in its original rendering) to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God to man (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons (the Holy Trinity) as the Father, on, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection from the dead (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of God(Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of the regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation to take place. We believe that the confession of our sin and the justified on the ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ through faith saves (John 3:16–19, John 5:24, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8–9, Ephesians 2:8–10, Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved… the saved to the resurrection of life, and the lost to the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all true Believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. That all true believer in Christ Jesus belong in one body and share one eternal destiny (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is filled and enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13–14, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 6:19–20, Ephesians 4:30, Ephesians 5:18).
Statement of Purpose
- The Zion Christian Ministry was established as a Church and a School with the purpose of helping fulfill the “Great Commission of Christ” found in Matthew 28:19-20.
- It is our sincere hope that we can and will motivate believers in Jesus Christ to Go, to Make Disciples, to Baptize and to Teach others about our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.