Our Story

Zion Christian Academy International (ZCAI) is a ministry of Zion Christian Ministries located in Chatan-cho, Okinawa Japan. Our school’s primary purpose is training young people for Christian leadership. The A Beka Christian curriculum is utilized in the academic training of our students. ZCAI offers accelerated academic training, strong discipline, and the upholding of Biblical values.

ZCAI was established by Rev. James & Gloria Whitaker in 1992 in Yomitan-son, Okinawa in as a K-4 thru 6th grade school. ZCAI moved to their present location in Chatan-cho in July 1995. That same year we added our Jr. High and High School programs by way of video courses and also enrolled our first Japanese students.

With the help of a great teaching staff, a wonderful phonics based curriculum, and the grace of God we believe that Zion Christian Academy International is simply “The best place to train up your child in the way he or she should go”.

ZCAI as well as our fellowship (church) is very diverse in racial and cultural makeup. We have a mixture of about 30% local Japanese students that speaks English, about 10% Caucasians, 30-40% Black, about 20-30% others nationalities or Asian American mixed.

Approximately 80% of Zion Christian Academy International teaching staff is made up of full time missionaries. The other 20% are locally hired from our host nation of Japan. Occasionally we will hire military dependents to supplement our staffing needs.

ZCAI has two mottos that we live by. Our Elementary motto is: “Changing the World one child at a time”, and for our Secondary students it’s: “Training tomorrow’s leaders today”.

Accredited & Proud Member of ACSI

ZION CHRISTIAN ACADEMY INTERNATIONAL

Contact ZCAI Today!

2 + 5 =